Career Opportunity with Tero
Independent Contractor - Training Consultant
If you like presenting to groups, work well independently, enjoy variety and flexibility in your career, collaborate effectively with individuals of various backgrounds and work styles, strive for excellence in your work, are a self-starter, and enjoy helping others learn and grow in a professional training environment, a role as a Training Consultant for Tero International may be a good fit for you.
Since 1993, Tero International has earned a distinguished reputation as a top research and training company, delivering interpersonal skills programs to business professionals at locations around the world.
Training Consultants for Tero International are Independent Contractors who are self-employed and who work on an assignment basis.
Following are examples of the responsibilities of a Training Consultant for Tero International.
- Successfully complete Tero's intensive Facilitator Certification Program. Tero waives all fees for facilitator training and the contractor is responsible for all personal expenses related to this training.
- Expertly facilitate training program(s).
- Prepare for workshops by reviewing trainer notes and facilitator materials provided by Tero.
- Work collaboratively and co-facilitate workshops with other certified Tero trainers.
- Assist with program administration (i.e., evaluations, assessments, participant registration worksheets).
- Promptly accept or reject assignments that are offered.
- Promptly respond to communication from Tero regarding accepted assignment (i.e., travel arrangements).
- Transport supplies to workshop upon request.
- Submit detailed invoice outlining professional fees and expenses in a timely manner.
- Maintain proficiency in Tero Trainer Competencies and attend semi-annual Facilitator Re-certification Retreat (mandatory attendance at one-day Tero Winter Meeting and two-day Tero Summer Retreat). Tero waives all fees for facilitator training and the contractor is responsible for all personal expenses related to this training.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher or equivalent professional experience.
- Polished platform skills.
- Professional image.
- Positive attitude.
- Business and/or leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A passion for learning.
- The ability to travel.
- A valid driver's license.
- A cell phone, a computer and email.
- A credit card with a sufficient credit limit (for reimbursable expenses).
There are many advantages to a role as an independent contractor with Tero.
- Train business professionals in complex interpersonal skills from some of the top organizations, including Fortune 500 companies.
- Deliver Tero research-based, proprietary training programs.
- Focus exclusively on program delivery. Tero Training Consultants are not required to sell services, design program content, handle client communications or coordinate logistics or travel.
- Accept or reject assignments when offered. Workshop offers are generally made four to twelve weeks in advance.
- Work in a team environment with a certified co-facilitator.
- Attend Tero's intensive Facilitator Certification Program and receive ongoing education and training.
- Attend Tero workshops at no cost.
- Keep all travel points for airlines, hotels and rental cars.
While independent contractors have a great deal of flexibility and freedom in their professional life, some disadvantages exist and this professional arrangement is not for everyone.
- Training Consultants may not provide training services in any other context that may be competitive with Tero's business.
- Independent contractors do not have the security that is associated with a full-time position. Independent contractors work under contract on an as-needed basis. No guarantees are made on how much work the contractor will be offered.
- No sums are withheld from fees paid to the contractor to cover any federal or state tax obligations. Independent contractors assume complete responsibility for the full and timely payments of any and all taxes.
- Contractors are paid for the delivery of the training program, to Tero specifications, and are not compensated for time associated with workshop planning and preparation or travel to and from the training site.
- Health insurance, sick days, vacation time, pension and other benefits are not provided.
Training Consultants earn a daily fee which depends upon the Level of Certification attained. All pre-approved expenses are reimbursed at actual rates (i.e., meals, air travel, mileage, accommodation). Receipts are required for reimbursement.
Several factors contribute to the compensation a Training Consultant can expect to make working with Tero:
- The number of training programs for which Certification has been awarded.
- The number of opportunities the Training Consultant is willing to accept.
- The feedback received from Tero clients on the quality of the training experience provided by the Training Consultant.
If a role as a Training Consultant for Tero International is of interest to you, please do the following three things:
1. Send a letter outlining your interest in working as a Training Consultant for Tero International.
2. Send your resume detailing your work history, professional training and speaking background, education, and memberships in professional organizations. Letters of recommendation are also encouraged.
3. Send us video footage showcasing your presentation style. The video should be at least seven minutes in length and does not have to be professionally produced.
Submit your application or send your questions about an Independent Contractor relationship with Tero International, Inc. to:
Tero International, Inc.
1840 NW 118th Street, Suite 107
Des Moines, IA 50325
Phone: 515-221-2318 (ext. 201)