Strategic planning is a process designed to answer four important questions:
Who are we?
Where are we now?
Where do we want to be?
How will we get there?
Strategic planning can be used by leaders at any level. From developing plans for organizations to developing plans for departments to developing plans for individuals, strategic plans provide a framework for:
- Making and evaluating day-to-day decisions
- Directing the allocation of resources
- Communicating goals and priorities to others
- Producing a clear sense of purpose and direction
The primary tasks of strategic planning are to understand the environment, define goals, identify options, make and implement decisions and evaluate actual performance.
Leadership Training Learning Objectives
- Gain an understanding of the process of strategic planning
- Use Tero's proprietary strategic planning method - the ACTION Cycle.
- Resist the temptation to rush to the "how" of strategic planning too early
- Invest time in the "what" and the "why?"
- Carry out environmental scans (SWOT analysis)
- Translate the information gathered into macro and micro plans
- Develop an alignment plan for unique area of leadership responsibility
For more information, contact:
Ann Block, Vice President, Client Relations
Tero International, Inc.
Phone: 515-221-2318 (ext. 204)
Email: [email protected]